Sunday, November 18, 2007

Falcon on the Bridge?

While I was out birding Greenbury Point on Saturday morning, I believe I scoped a PEREGRINE FALCON fly and then land on one of the towers on the West Bound span of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. The distance however, made confirming that ID impossible. That said, I feel like I've got some experience watching PEREGRINES fly and land on or near bridges.So why post this, you ask? Well, the next time you are on the Bay Bridge, maybe you could (*or preferrably your passenger) take a look at the tops of the spans to see if a large raptor with a striking brown moustache is present. If you observe one, let me know.

All the best,

Dan

1 comment:

Larry said...

That's something I could do because I do at least carry my dime store scope in my truck.

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev SiteRandom SiteNext Site
Linking Birders WorldwideJoin
Nature Blog Network