Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Red Head Question

The mammal question from yesterday's blog has been answered. It was a MUSKRAT.

Now, another mystery to unravel. What do you think about this poor RED HEADED WOODPECKER that I photographed today at MERKLE WILDLIFE SANCTUARY?Territory dispute?Did this RED HEAD simply become prey?Or was this woodpecker just too old?Do you have any ideas? And just so you are not depressed after reading this, I threw in a photo of just one of the many ALIVE RED HEADED WOODPECKERS still enjoying the Merkle swamp. And for kicks, how about a singing FIELD SPARROW?Which reminds me... I've got to get to my gig. I'm singing tonight at Domenica's in Annapolis!

-Dan

No comments:

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev SiteRandom SiteNext Site
Linking Birders WorldwideJoin
Nature Blog Network