Monday, August 11, 2008

265

UPDATE: I am currently at 265 bird species for Maryland this year. I went on an excursion to Talbot County's Poplar Island and Tanyard Marsh to check these birds off of my list:

Common Moorhen
American Avocet
White-rumped Sandpiper
Stilt Sandpiper
Wilson's Phalarope
Red-necked Phalarope
Black Tern

Ah, what fun.

WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER

SURE, THE BIRD IS OUT OF FOCUS... BUT IT'S SHADOW IS PERFECT!

IN FLIGHT

NOTICE THE WHITE RUMP

IT IS CERTAINLY DIFFERENT FROM A SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER

PECTORAL SANDPIPER

A RED-NECKED PHALAROPE NEXT TO A WILSON'S PHALAROPE

A RED-NECKED PHALAROPE

A BANK SWALLOW

ANOTHER VIEW

A COMMON LOON, SPOTTED JUST WEST OF ST. MICHAELS, MD

Enjoy your week.

-Dan

2 comments:

John B. said...

A bunch of those would be life birds for me, too.

Nervous Birds said...

I would highly recommend visiting either Poplar or Baltimore County's Hart-Miller Island. The birds are incredible. The proximity to the birds is spectacular as well.

They are both really amazing spots.

I've asked the Army Corps of Engineers and MD's DNR to build an island just like it in my home county of Anne Arundel. They said they'd put it on their 'to do' list.

Thanks for the comment.

Dan

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev SiteRandom SiteNext Site
Linking Birders WorldwideJoin
Nature Blog Network