Sunday, January 4, 2009

Guess Who's Back?

PABU, we missed you.Today was the Annapolis Christmas Bird Count (CBC) for the National Audubon Society.

So on a whim yesterday, I decided to ask my friends Bill & Gail, owners of the West Annapolis Wild Bird Center, if they wouldn't mind contacting those wonderful folks who hosted this rather colorful winter guest last winter. More specifically, I asked Bill to ask Pete & Margaret, the homeowners, if they might be able to take some time to keep a close eye on their feeders for today's count.

Low and behold, at around 1 PM (today!), I get an email from Bill informing me that the PAINTED BUNTING has returned. It's so nice to have him back in town. I hope he enjoyed his summer.

More on the Annapolis CBC soon, but for now... it's good night.

NOTE: This bird is on private property for the time being, so it's not open for public enjoyment. However, PABU has a history of spending most of his winter on the B&A Trail in Arnold. At that location, the general public is more than welcome to observe this wonderful bird. In the meantime, until I hear from the folks up in Arnold on the trail that the bird has arrived, please SIT TIGHT and patiently wait. I thank you, in advance, for your patience.

-Dan

2 comments:

Dawn Fine said...

Awesum..what a great photo.
We are in Florida now and hope see one.

Nervous Birds said...

Thanks dAwN! It was a very cool surprise to hear that PABU had in fact returned.

As for those bathroom mural photos, I'll get to work on that very soon.

Happy New Year.

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev SiteRandom SiteNext Site
Linking Birders WorldwideJoin
Nature Blog Network