Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Plethora of Painted Buntings

While my wife, son and extended family rested on a beach in North Carolina (Holden Beach, to be more specific), I went out birding. Here are some photos of just a few of the birds I observed.

PAINTED BUNTINGSROYAL TERNSWILLETRUDDY TURNSTONEA PACIFIC LOONRED HEADED WOODPECKERS

And others, like a COMMON MOORHEN, a LAUGHING GULL and a WOOD STORK who both liked my jokes so much they laughed and laughed and laughed, a HOODED WARBLER and a pair of LEAST TERNS.Even the Squirrels looked strangely different.And tomorrow, I'll tell you all about the SWALLOW-TAILED KITE that Emery, Declan and I added to our life list (on the first day of our vacation).

Best,
Dan

1 comment:

Dawn Fine said...

Love the Painted Bunting shots!:Looks like you had a great day of birding!

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev SiteRandom SiteNext Site
Linking Birders WorldwideJoin
Nature Blog Network