Sunday, October 17, 2010

Yellow-headed Blackbird in Scotland

Okay, so when I write Scotland, I'm referring to St. Mary's County, MD. Just in case you thought I took a flight across the Atlantic to see this bird. I only drove to the South to the fields just before Point Lookout. The bird stayed a fair distance away from us the entire morning, before a SHARP-SHINNED HAWK decided to fly in, thereby dispersing the blackbird flock far away and all over. Here are a few distant shots of this beautiful bird.I'll never look at a flock of Starlings and Cowbirds the same again...

-Dan

ps. Remind me sometime to tell you a story all about the Goshawk that might have been.

No comments:

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev SiteRandom SiteNext Site
Linking Birders WorldwideJoin
Nature Blog Network