Friday, November 16, 2007

Florida Birding

I was in Orlando, Florida all week for the School Specialty National Sales Meeting. In between meetings and in the afternoons, I spent my time walking around the resort birding. I give kudos to my company for putting us in a resort right next to a preserve. I saw:

Mallard
Wild Turkey
Double-crested Cormorant
Anhinga *
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Snowy Egret
Little Blue Heron
Cattle Egret
White Ibis
Wood Stork
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Osprey
Bald Eagle
Northern Harrier
Cooper's Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
Common Moorhen *
American Coot *
Limpkin *
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove
Belted Kingfisher
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Downy Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
Eastern Phoebe
Blue Jay
American Crow
Carolina Wren
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Gray Catbird
Northern Mockingbird
European Starling
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Pine Warbler
Palm Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Northern Cardinal
Common Grackle
Boat-tailed Grackle
House Sparrow
44 species with FOUR LIFE BIRDS.

(Hey, I'm new at this birding in FLA thing)


So, if you absolutely must stay at Disney in the future, might I suggest the Coronado Springs Resort? It's quite nice, bird-wise and has fine meeting rooms too!

Ok, so now that that's over with, I am delighted to report that Oiseau and I finally had a PINE SISKIN on the WINDOW FEEDER today. My dog hopped up on the counter to inspect and confirm the sighting. He and I both agree, without-a-doubt, that it was a SISKIN!

I do, however, have some questions on this past week's BIRDCAM expedition. Whilst I was enjoying sunny, warm Florida, a few guests arrived that, well... what do you see?



It's good to be home!

Good Birding,

Dan

No comments:

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev SiteRandom SiteNext Site
Linking Birders WorldwideJoin
Nature Blog Network