Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Rough Day At The Office

Today's weather was perfect. Large flocks of swans, geese and passerines were on the move all day long. The skies were alive. And I was lucky enough to have spent my day working around Southern Maryland.I had a few fun birds that I managed to view this morning. The PEREGRINE FALCON on the Route 301 Bridge? I was early for a meeting at an elementary school in Southern Charles County, so I went to the foot of the bridge and scanned the girders. Soon enough, I spotted that familiar raptor perched on the side of the tallest pier. It was right in the middle of 500 or more DOUBLE CRESTED CORMORANT (and one very vocal OSPREY).I also saw these two lovely birds early in the morning before a meeting at Indian Head Elementary. Do I love my job? Sure I do. All kidding aside, it was an extremely busy day work-wise. I put nearly 400 miles on my car over the last two days visiting schools in Calvert, Charles and St. Mary's Counties. On the bright side, I did observe for FOUR PEREGRINE FALCONS in two days.The phone never stopped ringing, and I was bouncing around from school to school to school in Charles County all day. But seeing three amazing birds in the process... well that makes my office the best office in the known universe.I would be remiss if I didn't thank Carol for having meal worms at the ready and for be so very hospitable. I wish her husband a very speedy recovery. Carol... many thanks! That is a very beautiful spot you have there in Southern Charles County.Have a great weekend!

-Dan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, I am ready to see a Yellow-throated warbler! It'll be a bit here though.

Good birding to you!

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev SiteRandom SiteNext Site
Linking Birders WorldwideJoin
Nature Blog Network