Sunday, April 13, 2008

Green Eggs and Herons

My wife's sister Eliza has this really cool boyfriend. Chris Murray is his name and he's spent time in the Amazon rain forests. So he definitely qualifies as someone who enjoys birding.

Well I've known Chris for years from all of my band's gigs at 49 West in Annapolis. In addition to being quite an excellent birder, Chris has worked for what seems like an eternity at 49 West Coffeehouse & Winebar. Actually, for about as long as I have been playing there on Monday nights with my band BEN'S BONES.

It just so happens that Chris enjoys this strange hobby (birding) too. While Eliza and my wife (her sister) Emery are now able to do their 'sister' things, Chris and I happily venture out in search of interesting birds.

Don't get me wrong... Declan, Emery, Eliza, Chris and I have gone on birding excursions before, just not with the same intensity. Emery has more lifers than most hot ladies I know at her age. Heck, she's traveled to Costa Rica with me!

Enjoy these photographs, as they tell the story of our journey today through the Annapolis area and the Patuxent River basin. I hope you find that these images inspire you to have a great week. Or maybe they'll just stir you to help send me to photography school?

How is it the more photos I take, the worse they seem to get? My camera must be dirty or something. No more excuses... you may be the judge.

MMM, WHAT IS THAT SCENT YOU'RE WEARING? I CALL IT... MUSKRAT

PALM WARBLER

TRES NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOWS

OH TO BE MOONED BY A YELLOWLEGS

GREEN HERON... THE BIRD OF THE DAY

AND AN EASTERN TOWHEE SANG US HOME

Have a great week!

-Dan

1 comment:

Warren and Lisa Strobel said...

Silly! Your pictures are great!

Plus, there is no other bird blog with such quality humor...

And, you always remind me of my favorite Seuss quote "...if you keep your eyes open enough, oh, the stuff you would learn! The most wonderful stuff!


Oh, we miss birding with you, Dan!
Love to Emery and Sterling!

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev SiteRandom SiteNext Site
Linking Birders WorldwideJoin
Nature Blog Network