Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Become Enlightened

It's raining here at the beach, so I went on the interweb. There I found my friend Josh Cohen's blog. He is my local Representative and lives only a block or two away from my home. His yard is looking good, but what's more, his website is very informative. If you live in Anne Arundel County, I would go so far as to call it a 'must-read'. It even has the same minty-green background. Soothing to look at, right?And now... some bird-related news: North Carolina, the state located just South of Virginia, and North of South Carolina, has a great deal of fun. I've seen a lot of new life birds: SANDWICH TERN, WILSON'S PLOVER, BACHMAN'S SPARROW, EURASIAN COLLARED DOVE, and a bird with the absolute, best name... a LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE.And though I've seen a WOOD STORK in Costa Rica, finding over 30 of them in two trees was an impressive sight.The even have an island devoted entirely to goats. I've your in North Carolina, you simply must goat. It's not ba-a-a-a-a-a-d.I've been birding with my wife's sister Eliza's significant other this week. The famous Chris Murray. Here is a photo of Chris, Eliza, Emery, Declan and myself enjoying a moment of beach bliss. The Dec-Man LOVES the beach, the water, the sand, the surf and of course, the ladies.We hope you are enjoying your own bliss this week as well.

Dan

No comments:

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev SiteRandom SiteNext Site
Linking Birders WorldwideJoin
Nature Blog Network