Monday, November 10, 2008

Five More to Reach 300!

I have seen or heard exactly 295 species of birds in the great (expansive) state of Maryland this year. My goal is to break 300. My most recent was an ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER. But here was one of the latest avian observation, a EURASIAN COLLARED DOVE found at South Point in Worcester County, MD. This bird has eluded me for some time, six times to be exact. It's like I always say, "The seventh time is always a charm."To prove the extent of my effort, here is a photo of my odometer. I've driven almost all of those miles, but as you can see...Declan has asked to start taking over the driving duties. It's great! See... while I hang my head out the window and look for birds, he makes sure the car stays safely between those lines on the road. He is the coolest baby ever.

Have a great week,

Dan

No comments:

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev SiteRandom SiteNext Site
Linking Birders WorldwideJoin
Nature Blog Network