Monday, October 29, 2007

Married. And the Chickadees would vouch as witnesses!

Emery and I are officially Wife and Husband. Sixty family and friends dropped by the Haas Home on Saturday just after the rains ended to make way for the sun. Frantically, I prepared our patio for an outdoor ceremony while house finches, blue jays, cardinals, house sparrows, white throated sparrows, robins, chickadees and one dark-eyed junco watched.

Our wedding was far more emotional than I anticipated. A better day and evening I could not have imagined.

During the ceremony, we had a moment of silence, interrupted only by a rustle in the leaves. I believe that rustle was a sign of approval from a White Throated Sparrow under the Oak Leaf Hydrangas. It was a most beautiful day for Emery and I. To those who were in attendance, we are deeply honored and grateful. To those who were not there; we wish you could have been!

Here are two photos, courtesy of Moe Hanson, my artistic neighbor. Many more photos to come...

All the best,

Dan & Emery

Emery is such a hottie!

1 comment:

Warren and Lisa Strobel said...

Emery, you are beyond lovely. You don't look so bad either, Dan. So happy for you both. More pictures please!

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev SiteRandom SiteNext Site
Linking Birders WorldwideJoin
Nature Blog Network