Friday, November 30, 2007

No Leaves = More Raptors

Ah, autumn. It's cool. Orange and auburn colored leaves are falling fast from the tree limbs that held them all summer.

And while that's all well and good, the fun part is being able to see the raptors perched in the trees. Even at highway speeds, these magnificent birds of prey are easy to spot.

This afternoon, on my way home from work, I saw a RED SHOULDERED HAWK perched on a power line across the street from the Annapolis Police Department. And, while I know that there were never any leaves on the power lines, thus not making it any easier to spot a bird from the road, I was nevertheless impressed.

Here are a few shots taken with my trusty iPhone pressed firmly against Pentax binoculars.



Have a great weekend.

Dan

No comments:

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev SiteRandom SiteNext Site
Linking Birders WorldwideJoin
Nature Blog Network