Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2011 is Fast Approaching

But that doesn't mean there are still a few good birding days left. Sure, I could camp out at the OC Inlet to try for a few alcids, or I could drive hours and hours out West only to get snubbed by the elusive (I'm not sure if they really even exist) Ruffed Grouse!Well, no... I'm saving on gas. This morning Warren Strobel, one-half of THE BIRDCOUPLE, joined me for a chilly search through gulls and ducks at Sandy Point State Park, and later through passerine flocks in the North Tract of the Patuxent Wildlife Refuge.Thursday I'll be doing the Bowie Christmas Bird Count and Friday... well, who knows?? Maybe I'll chase one last year bird. I hope you had as wonderful a year as I did. May 2011 be even better!Much like this Red-breasted Nuthatch, you'd better get some shut eye before the big partying starts on December 31st!

Best,

Dan

No comments:

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev SiteRandom SiteNext Site
Linking Birders WorldwideJoin
Nature Blog Network